關於孩子“如廁練習”的問題集 Questions about "potty learning" for children
* 有吸水性的布材質-- 你可以感覺到"濕"和"不舒服"，但是又不至於"場面讓爸爸媽媽難以收拾"。
* 逐漸過渡--爸爸媽媽希望你可以慢慢過渡和接受， 所以不建議直接從普通尿布改成內褲，因為這種變化可能一下子變得有點難以承受。
哥哥從1歲8個月開始，在托嬰中心開始練習穿練習褲。但是那時候，媽媽我還沒有準備好，所以，週末和放假都是繼續穿尿布（因為方便啊！）。很快，到真的要開始"戒尿布"的時候，已經是快2歲了。這時候，terrible two（所謂"可怕的兩歲"）已經開始，你可以想像，要帶孩子去坐馬桶，換尿布等，很多時候變成了一場情緒災難，因為那時候，會有很多"不要！不要"。 弟弟，現在1歲5個月，也已經穿了一段時間的練習褲了。現在要去換練習褲或者坐馬桶的時候，媽媽唱著兒歌，拉著弟弟的手，輕輕鬆鬆進洗手間完成了。
Petite Blumen summarized the highlights of "Potty learning (also known as getting rid of diapers)" in the lecture [A Montessori Dialogue on Children's "Eating, Sleeping and Potty learning"]:
- Let the child feel "he is wet/uncomfortable" physically. Modern diapers are very good at absorbing the liquid, so children do not readily feel their discomfort.
- Set up a proper environment (child toilet, small stool for changing pants, related toilet learning picture books)
- Parents should set reasonable expectations: Children's growth (including potty learning) will not be smooth sailing for most children, usually three steps forward and two steps back. Occasionally pee into the pants, or not letting parents know in advance, or prefer to poop into the diapers, etc., are expected during the journey.
- Each child has his schedule. It's not that parents have to wait until their children tell you bluntly: "I'm ready" before starting this physiological topic/potty learning, but to acknowledge that each child is different.
Keep reminding yourself: potty learning is the child's own business. What adults can do is to prepare the environment and be there for the child.
A new way of thinking for the parents about "potty learning":
If we consider the child's "potty learning" process as a learning and practicing process for a life skill, perhaps we will have more understanding, patience, and empathy.
Talk about the potty learning preparation: training pants.
Training pants are learning pants that are in the in-between category of the diaper and regular underwear. Although training pants have a fabric-like texture that can mimic the feel of ordinary underwear, they are made of more absorbent materials that help prevent leakage when the baby urinates.
The benefits of training pants?
* Increase independence-the elastic waistband and pull-up design of the learning pants allow the child to learn to go to the bathroom by themselves.
* Absorbent cloth material - the child can feel "wet" and "uncomfortable," but not create "the scene makes it difficult for parents to clean up."
* Gradually transition-it is a slow transition process for children. We do not recommend directly changing from ordinary diapers to underwear because it may be too sudden and too much for a child.
Two or three things about kids wearing training pants
First of all, parents or primary caregivers need to be well prepared. Regardless of whether the child urinates, poops out, etc., adults need to handle it calmly and kindly. That is to say, "no matter what happens, think about washing the pants as the only solution." Adults should kindly communicate with the child: "baby, you are wet/you poop, let's go sit on the toilet and change the training pants.
"Which kind of training pants are more suitable?
It depends on your personal preferences. I use the training pants from the brand eguchitoys. In my case, it is because of two reasons:
1) Organic cotton ingredients. I washed and dried them for more than two years, and they still work well (I used them for both of my sons). And the color is white, which can prevent the child from melting down because he wants to choose a particular pattern.
2) a critical point! There are two small pull strap designs on the back of the learning pants, which is convenient for children to learn to pull up and take off the pants. If you observe, when the child pulls up the pants when they start to learn, he can only pull the front side but not the back. This pull ring design can help and guide the child to complete the action of pulling up easily. After more practice, the child also learns to pull the backside of the pants.
How many pieces of training pants should we prepare?
(The following is for reference only, I share my two children as an example) When my child started to practice wearing training pants, I first bought seven pairs. It turned out later that it was not enough! Because there are too many times of changing, I washed and dried them every day. I later added up to 14 of them (but found that it was still not enough). However, the child will also grow up and progress; the number of training pants needed daily will gradually decrease.
Also, why is it that the sooner the child practice wearing training pants and the earlier you practice sitting on the toilet, the better and easier it will be?
My elder son started wearing training pants at the daycare since he was one year old and eight months old. But at that time, I was the one who is not ready yet, so I continued to let him wear diapers on weekends and holidays (because it was convenient!). Soon, when I started the process of "quitting his diapers," he was almost two years old. At this time, the terrible two kicked in, and you can imagine that asking/inviting the child to sit on the toilet, change diapers, etc., often becomes an emotional disaster because there was a lot of "don't!" Don't". My younger son, who is now one year and five months old, has been wearing training pants for a while. When I changed his wet training pants or invited him to sit on the toilet, I held his hands and walked with him to the bathroom to change while singing nursery rhymes.
Parents must remember that children wear training pants and sit on the toilet for toilet learning and practices, rather than forcing the child to quit diapers immediately.
Let's practice together, parents!
When the child's learning pants are wet, we can:
* (With a peaceful tone) Baby, you wet your pants, let's change the training pants together.
* (With a peaceful tone) Baby, you wet your pants, and you feel uncomfortable wet, let's change your pants together.
*(With a peaceful tone) Baby, you wet your pants, come, let's change pants together, next time you want to pee, you can go to the toilet!