為新生兒（0-2個月）準備的必需品和環境設計 Essential things & environment for the newborn (0-2 months)
- 在孩子0-3歲，和媽媽的依附關係建立是獲得安全感和信任感最重要的一部，三歲前"媽媽"及"家"的形象會被建立在孩子的潛意識中，影響他成人後照顧自己、孩子和家庭的方式； 而爸爸的主要角色是保護媽媽和孩子，保護媽媽和孩子之間的依附關係，在這個過程中全力支持媽媽。
本內容由Ivy's house montessori 支持提供
Welcoming a newborn is the most critical moment in your life, and preparing for the newborn is a fascinating journey.
Many parents will buy new things for their newborn babies, redecorate the space at home to adapt to the new life, and even start learning new skills (such as hiccuping their babies properly). Regarding new things and new environments, what do newborn babies need? We have listed here some things that we think are helpful to novice parents. (We respect parents who choose to breastfeed or use formula milk, paper diapers or cloth diapers.)
For newborns, the most necessary and essential thing is "Mom and Dad"!
Dr. Montessori wrote in "The Absorbent Mind": " There are certain forces within the mother to which the child is accustomed and these forces are a necessary aid for the child during the first difficult days of adaptation." The transition from life in the womb to the outside world is an essential but scaring step for a newborn! He needs to be as close as possible to his mother-when eating, sleeping, or awake; he needs to feel the touch of his parents and their bodies; he needs to hear their voices and feel their love.
- The child was born from the mother's body and experienced the first separation in life.
- 6 to 8 weeks after birth is the "symbiotic period" between the baby and the mother. Babies obtain physical nourishment by drawing breast milk, listen to the familiar heartbeat, and establish a psychological attachment relationship with their mother.
- When a child is 0-3 years old, setting a dependent relationship with the mother is the most crucial part of gaining a sense of security and trust. Before the age of three, the image of "mother" and "family" will be established subconsciously in the child's mind and it affects him/her the way to take care of themselves, their children, and family in the adulthood; and the primary role of the father is to protect mother and child, protect the dependency relationship between mother and child, and fully support the mother in this process.
- The father's role and image play a huge role after the child is three years old.
No matter what, the companionship and interaction of mom and dad is the best way for children to build a sense of security and trust. Therefore, please touch your baby more gently, talk to him/her softly, and keep a positive attitude as much as possible when you are with him/her. This will help him/her transition smoothly and calmly to the outside world.
- A rattan woven bassinet/ "Moses basket" in the first two months of life: This simulates an environment similar to that in the womb, where the baby can feel safe while lying in the carrier.
- A Topponcino (a cotton cushion similar to the size of a newborn): Topponcino provides comfort and safety for newborns. It is used to hold or carry a newborn or give the newborn to another person to hold or help the infant burp. When a newborn sleeps on the Topponcino, he can be easily laid down without disturbing the vital sleep. It also allows older siblings to hold the newborn safely and comfortably. Even the familiar smell of the same Topponcino that is often used can make newborns feel comfortable and secured.
- Black and white Munari mobile: The Munari mobile is a black and white mobile made from 2-dimensional geometrical shapes. All the shapes and dowels are balanced off of a glass ball which reflects the light. The black and white Munari mobile that moves slowly with natural airflow, newborns can practice concentration. Focusing on this kind of visual stimulation can also train the newborn's vision, the eye muscles, and brain coordination. Mom and dad can hang the Munari objects diagonally above the newborn in the activity area (the distance should be less than 30 cm). The best rule when setting up the environment for a newborn: try to lie down by yourself, look up at the object to be set, and see if you feel comfortable because what you see is what the newborn will see in the future.
- Music Box: A music box that can play soft music for the baby (actually, parents can play the music box from the beginning of pregnancy. After the newborn is born, the familiar music can help familiarize the environment to calm the newborn). Ideally, the music box should have a pull cord. When mom and dad pull it, the music box will play chords. When the baby starts to sit up, mom and dad can also hang it on the wall and let the baby practice pulling.
The environment around the newborn should be quiet and soft. The baby is born from the dark and quiet womb to the outside world. The calm and gentle light environment allows the newborn to adapt slowly and slowly transition.
- A quiet and fixed place where newborns can sleep;
- A comfortable chair and nursing pillow are placed in a fixed location for breastfeeding/bottle feeding;
- A fixed place for changing diapers;
- Areas can be used for the newborn as activity areas.
Setting up a variety of fixed locations to meet newborns' needs is very important for helping newborns establish a sense of security.
Please note: whether it is the preparation of items or the environment, parents' accompany and interaction is the most important. Parents respond positively and gently to the newborn's needs at each moment, helping them establish a sense of security and positive parental attachment relationships.
Contents powered by Ivy's house montessori
image from etys.com/eguchitoys.com